Hi Hans,

> On Jan 5, 2023, at 12:39 AM, Hans Hagen via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
> wrote:
>
> On 1/5/2023 2:40 AM, Gavin via ntg-context wrote:
>> Hi List,
>> I could not figure out the right spot for the files m-tikz-pgfplots.tex and
>> m-tikz-pgfplotstable.tex. I don’t currently have files with those names
>> anywhere, and files with similar names and contents appear in a couple
>> different places. I had to put off sorting it out until I had some more time.
>> I was able to find the right place for m-tikz.mkxl, and it prevented an
>> error at \usemodule[pgfplots], but I’d still get an error if I tried to use
>> any command from the pgfplots.
> indeed they go alongside the m-tikz file ... did you run mtxrun --generate?

Now I put the files alongside and ran mtxrun —generate. It did not work. The
test file and resulting error are below. I used ConTeXt  ver: 2022.12.29 14:32
LMTX  fmt: 2022.12.29  int: english/english. I can try with the latest LMTX
later today. The test file works with TeXLive 2022

Gavin

TEST FILE:

\usemodule[tikz]
\usemodule[pgfplots]                    % PGFPlots module for graphs

\starttext

\starttikzpicture
        \draw (0, 0) circle (3cm);
\stoptikzpicture

\starttikzpicture
  \startaxis
    \addplot+[domain=0:360]
        {sin(x)};
  \stopaxis
\stoptikzpicture

\stoptext

ERROR:

tex error       > tex error on line 15 in file ./TikZTest.tex: Illegal unit of
measure (pt inserted)

<to be read again>

    \relax
<macro> \pgfpl@@
    #1->\advance \count 0 by-1\relax
    \ifnum \count 0=-1\relax \global \def \pgfplotslistselect@tmp {\def
\pgfplotsretval {#1}}\fi
<macro> \pgfpl@@
    \pgfpl@@ {blue,every mark/.append style={fill=blue!80!black},mark=*}
    \pgfpl@@ {red,every mark/.append
style={fill=red!80!black},mark=square*}\pgfpl@@ {brown!60!black,every
mark/.append style={fill=brown!80!black},mark=otimes*}\pgfpl@@ {black,mark=star
<macro> \pgfplotslistselect@
    #1\of #2\to #3->\begingroup \count 0=#1\relax \long \def \pgfpl@@
##1{\advance \count 0 by-1\relax \ifnum \count 0=-1\relax \global \def
\pgfplotslistselect@tmp {\def #3{##1}}\fi }#2
    \endgroup \pgfplotslistselect@tmp
<macro> \pgfplots@getautoplotspec@
    #1#2#3->\ifnum #2=0 \let \pgfplotsretval =\pgfutil@empty \else
\pgfplotsmathmodint {#3}{#2}\pgfplotslistselect \pgfmathresult \of #1\to
\pgfplotsretval
    \fi
<macro> \pgfplots@getautoplotspec
    ...ternal error: expected 'L' or 'M', not
'\pgfplots@cycle@multi@list@sequence '}\fi \fi \else \pgfplotslistsize
\autoplotspeclist \to \c@pgf@countd \pgfplots@getautoplotspec@
{\autoplotspeclist }{\c@pgf@countd }{\pgfplots@listindex }
    \let #1=\pgfp ...

<line 3.15>
        \addplot+
    [domain=0:360]

 5     \usemodule[pgfplots]                     % PGFPlots module for graphs
 6
 7     \starttext
 8
 9     \starttikzpicture