Gerion Entrup schrieb am 09.01.2024 um 16:21:
Hi,

I have to come back to that topic, since it seems not to work.
The said source code produces just the text "times" and "check" for me
(see 1.pdf). I also tried:

```
\usesymbols[fontawesome]

\starttext
        \showsymbolset[fontawesome-solid]
\stoptext
```
and get a list of symbols that do not belong to fontawesome (see 2.pdf).

I also tried to find the symbol file directly in the context
distribution and found:
tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/symb-imp-fontawesome.mkiv

However, most parts are commented out there, one of the few remaining
symbols is wheelchair. However, when using that, I just got the string
_378 (3.pdf). Source code:

```
\usesymbols[fontawesome]

\startTEXpage[offset=1pt]
        \symbol[fontawesome][wheelchair]
\stopTEXpage
```

Is there a problem with my installation?
Additional output:
```
% mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern='fontawesome'
identifier                 familyname           fontname
filename                                                             subfont
instances

fontawesome                fontawesome          fontawesome
FontAwesome.otf
fontawesome6brands         fontawesome6brands   fontawesome6brandsregular
/usr/share/fonts/fontawesome/Font Awesome 6 Brands-Regular-400.otf
fontawesome6brandsnormal   fontawesome6brands   fontawesome6brandsregular
/usr/share/fonts/fontawesome/Font Awesome 6 Brands-Regular-400.otf
fontawesome6freenormal     fontawesome6free     fontawesome6freesolid
/usr/share/fonts/fontawesome/Font Awesome 6 Free-Solid-900.otf
fontawesomenormal          fontawesome          fontawesome
FontAwesome.otf
fontawesomeregular         fontawesome          fontawesome
FontAwesome.otf
```

The symbols expect version 5 of fontawesome but you have version 6.

I guess it's time to switch to the new version of the fonts which can be done by replacing 5 (file:fontawsome5...) with 6 (file:fontawsome6...) in the following lines in symb-imp-fontawesome.mkiv

\definefontsynonym [FontAwesomeBrands] [file:fontawesome5brandsregular400.otf] \definefontsynonym [FontAwesomeRegular] [file:fontawesome5freeregular400.otf]
\definefontsynonym [FontAwesomeSolid] [file:fontawesome5freesolid900.otf]

Wolfgang

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /