Am Dienstag, 9. Januar 2024, 21:17:57 CET schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 1/9/2024 8:31 PM, Gerion Entrup wrote:
>
> > My system awesome font is version 6 but isn't the one bundled with
> > ConTeXt version 5 (FontAwesome.otf)? This one:
> > tex/texmf/fonts/data/fonticons/fontawesome/FontAwesome.otf: OpenType font
> > data
> >
> > I would assume that ConTeXt is using the bundled file by default.
> It's not our hobby to keep up with font versions and changing names so
> we depend on users to signal that. Also, with fonts you never know what
> updated fonts will break.
>
> In a next upload we'll define a list of names [5-9] so that we're more
> future proof.

Thanks.

Sure, it was my interest to understand, if the error lays in my
installation or is due to the predefined files. Especially, since I did
not manage to display a single symbol of FontAwesome at all, not even
the one that seems to be explicitly defined.

For me, it is not relevant at all, in which version the font is.
My main interest is to get an \xmark symbol.

Gerion

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /