On 11/28/05, Nikolai Weibull
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've followed the instructions listed at
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation, but it won't quite
> give.  The problem is that I use the Gentoo installation setup as a base
> and have the latest ConTeXt installed in /usr/local/share.  Does anyone
> know what options to pass to pdftex's configure-script to match the
> setup on a Gentoo system (where stuff is stored in /etc/texmf and
> /var/lib/texmf)?

The simple way, IMHO, is to build teTeX into /usr/local/teTeX.
After finished all, you need put "/usr/local/teTeX/bin" at top of your
$PATH and that should ok.

PATH=/usr/local/teTeX/bin:/usr/bin:.....

By this way I have always teTeX/pdfetex/ConTeXt up-to-date on my FC4 box.

Cheers,
--
http://vnoss.org
Vietnamese Open Source Software Community