Hans Hagen wrote:

Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

Hello,

I came across a problem when I was trying to compile my tex file.
The attached file is an example.

I have to process Chinese, so "\loadmapfile[gbk]" and
"\usemodule[chinese]" are essential.

I'm using the lastest release of ConTeXt.
ConText ver:2005.12.01, texExec 5.4.3, to be exact.
And I use "texmfstart texexec.pl --autopdf --pdf test2.tex" to compile
my source file.

The problem is there is enough space in page 2 for the words between
\startbackground and \stopbackground, but the background block was put
on page 3 with most of the page 2 was left blank.

And there is another small problem, the command \setupindenting[medium]
didn't work.
\setupindenting[medium,yes] % yes enables it

 Thanks, Hans!

This command does enables indentation except the first line after a \subject or \subsubject.
 Is this a bug or ConTeXt was designed to do so ?

One more question, can I set up indenting for English and Chinese separately ? The firstly line of every paragraph needs to be indented usually in China, but in English it doesn't.

Concerning the background ...

 \setupinterlinespace[medium]

is different from for instance

 \setupinterlinespace[line=20pt]

  This solved my problem, thanks again.

The first case is used for a (more or less) temporary increase and leaves \lineheight untouched; this means that lineheight related settings stay as they are, which is intended behavour: consider for instance a situation where one wants to have a draft copy with a larger line distance but at the same time wants to keep (lineheight related) graphics untouched.

In your case, you want it as a stye/document property, and so it's better to use the second method.

Now, concerning backgrounds: i need to fix that for the first case (use \openlineheight instead of lineheight in calculations) [you may enter an bug entry in the collector]

For the moment use \setupinterlinespace[line=20pt] or something like that