On 5/24/06, Neal Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 09:07 AM 5/24/2006, you wrote:
> >Hans mentioned the minimal context linux distribution.
>
> OK, I deleted everything I did yesterday and started over.  This time
> I (think) I tried the minimal contex distribution.  Things still
> aren't working.  I am on Redhat Enterprise Linux v4.  Thanks again
> for the help.
>
> - Neal
>
> Here is what I did today:
>
> download http://www.pragma-ade.nl/context/install/justtex.zip
> download http://www.pragma-ade.nl/context/install/linuxtex.zip
> move both files to /usr/local
> cd /usr/local
> unzip -a justtex.zip
> unzip -a linuxtex.zip
> Set up environment:
>
> export TEXROOT=/usr/local/tex
> [...]

What about just ". setuptex"?   Are you running a shell other than bash?

> create the directory specified by $VARTEXMF
> cd $TEXMFOS/bin
> chmod +x *

On my system the permissions look sensible without manual
adjustment.

> chmod -x xpdfsuite.zip
> download http://www.pragma-ade.nl/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
> mv cont-tmp.zip to $TEXROOT/texmf
> cd $TEXROOT/texmf
> unzip -ao cont-tmf.zip
> copy texmf/context/config/texexec.rme texexec.ini
>
> texexec --verbose
>
> Output:
>
> TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
>
> TeXExec | --check        check versions
> TeXExec | --figures      generate overview of figures
> TeXExec | --listing      list of file content
> TeXExec | --make         make formats
> TeXExec | --modules      generate module documentation
> TeXExec | --mptex        process mp file
> TeXExec | --mpxtex       process mpx file
> TeXExec | --pdfarrange   impose pages (booklets)
> TeXExec | --pdfcombine   combine multiple pages
> TeXExec | --pdfcopy      copy pages from file(s)
> TeXExec | --pdfselect    select pages from file(s)
> TeXExec | --pdftrim      trim pages from file(s)
> TeXExec | --process      process file
> TeXExec |
> TeXExec | --help --all   shows all switches

Looks good so far.

> texexec --make en de nl
>
> Output:
>
> TeXExec | using search method 'kpsefast'
> TeXExec | updating file database
> sed: -e expression #1, char 3: unterminated `s' command
> sed: -e expression #1, char 3: unterminated `s' command

I don't get these sed errors using Fedora Core 4.  I suspect these come
from mktexlsr.  I have:
$ rpm -q sed
sed-4.1.4-1
$ sed --version
GNU sed version 4.1.4
$ which sed
/bin/sed

Try runing "mktexlsr" from the command line.

> mktexlsr: /usr/local/tex/texmf/ls-R lacks magic string. Skipping...
> mktexlsr: Done.
> TeXExec | using tex engine pdfetex
> TeXExec | using tex format path /usr/local/tex/texmf-linux/web2c/pdfetex
> TeXExec | generating tex format cont-en
> This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5) (INITEX)
>   %&-line parsing enabled.
>   (/usr/local/tex/texmf/web2c/natural.tcx)
> entering extended mode
> ! I can't find file `cont-en'.
> <*> *cont-en
>
> Please type another input file name:
>
> I'm stuck because I can't find a file 'cont-en' either.

You should get:
$ kpsewhich cont-en
/usr/local/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/base/cont-en.tex

Check for bug reports against your sed.

You could hack at mktexlsr to replace the sed lines with constants and see if
you get further.

--
George N. White III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia