On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 22:07 +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi Pascal,
>
> > I'll give otfinstall a shot tomorrow.
>
> this is the oinst file for the adobe garamond premier I've used. There
> is no support for opticals yet. This is really a simple tool.
>
> adobe_garamond_premier_pro.oinst:
> vendor      "adobe"
> collection  "garamond"
>
> # 'sans' or 'serif'
> fontclass   "serif"
>
> # Allowed variants are 'default', 'osf'
> variants    %w(default osf)
>
> # Supported faces are 'regular' 'bold' 'italic' and 'bolditalic'
> regular     "GaramondPremrPro.otf"
> bold        "GaramondPremrPro-Bd.otf"
> italic      "GaramondPremrPro-It.otf"
> bolditalic  "GaramondPremrPro-BdIt.otf"

I adjusted it to my own situation (AGaramondPro, not the Premier
version). And I ran it succesfully. However, I can't see where the files
have gone? Compiling my .tex file also doesn't change anything.

I declared this, maybe I went wrong here... I tried several different
font names:

\usetypescript[AGaramondPro][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[AGaramondPro]

I also tried 'garamond', 'adobegaramondpro'.

Besides this I also noticed the script didn't support Semibold, which to
me is very essential. The Bold version of AGaramondPro doesn't have any
small caps, and Semibold just looks beter.

And if I understand the script correctly, the font in converted into
static versions supporting OsF and Sc, right? (Ruby isn't very readable,
when you're not a Ruby programmer).

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn
--