On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:33:42 -0600, Joel C. Salomon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 9/19/07, Idris Samawi Hamid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Don't forget to incorporate tex-gyre, including otf's!
>
> Is the installation really that hard?

The last time I installed TeX-Gyre only two fonts worked and the rest did
not.

The point is that debugging when things go wrong takes time and some of us
are just too busy to have to to debug every little thing. It seems to me
that TeX-Gyre is one of those things that should work out of the box, like
lm.

> I'd rather have a tarball to be unzipped over the directory tree than
> have a constantly growing 'minimal' installation.

Finally, mswincontext.zip is not really "minimal" but "maximal" ;-)
Updates to TeX-Gyre could be supported as a package a la cont-tmf.zip of
course.

Best wishes
Idris

--