Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>> hmm .... how many books do you have? :)
>
>   That's not how you should have asked it :-) You should have said yes
> first and then looked for someone to type the bib file if Hans really
> has too much books ;-) Or you could distribute the task ...

Really, we (=I) should move away from bibtex.

What I really want is a module that reads XML databases by using lua
xpath for item extraction (inline in mkiv, with a standalone lua script
in mkii), along with a script to convert legacy bibtex databases into
XML databases.

I have Mods in mind for the database format.

The problem is, I keep getting side-tracked by other stuff like luatex
and metapost...

Best wishes,
Taco