Am 17.03.2009 um 20:12 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 08:52, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

Also, we put periods after section numbers, so no "1.2
Section", but rather "1.2. Section".

\setuplabeltext [pl] [section={{},{.}}]

Hello Aditya,

Interesting trick, thanks. But the problem is that references then
ignore the dot. So \in[ref] gives me only "1" instead of "1.". Also,
it's non-recursive (but that is not so problematic). Redefining the
numbercommand seems to work a tiny bit better for me, but I would
prefer to have a better & automatic solution based on the chosen
language (so that "1.1.." will start appearing in my old documents :)
:) :) :)

Let's hope the stopper key for \setuphead will work in MkIV.

Language depends settings are possible with start/stoplanguagespecifics
but it's broken :-(

\startlanguagespecifics[sl]

\setuphead
  [chapter,section,subsection]