On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 20:56, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>>> \setuplabeltext [pl] [section={{},{.}}]
>>
>> Hello Aditya,
>>
>> Interesting trick, thanks. But the problem is that references then
>> ignore the dot. So \in[ref] gives me only "1" instead of "1.". Also,
>> it's non-recursive (but that is not so problematic). Redefining the
>> numbercommand seems to work a tiny bit better for me, but I would
>> prefer to have a better & automatic solution based on the chosen
>> language (so that "1.1.." will start appearing in my old documents :)
>> :) :) :)
>

> Let's hope the stopper key for \setuphead will work in MkIV.
>
> Language depends settings are possible with start/stoplanguagespecifics
> but it's broken :-(
>
> \startlanguagespecifics[sl]
>
> \setuphead
>  [chapter,section,subsection]
>  [numbercommand=\groupedcommand{}{.}]
>
> \stoplanguagespecifics

Hello Wolfgang,

I was often tempted to do that (in some less fancy way than with
groupedcommand :) by default ... but maybe some user wants
    \setuphead[section][numbercommand=\xxx] \def\xxx#1{\framed{#1}}
or whatever else and that would interfere with the existing
numbercommand= that's specific to one language. Proper support for
stopper would be much better.

Mojca