2010/4/3 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس   سماوي حامد <isha...@colostate.edu>:
> Typographical Ontology and Engineering:
> Structured and Automated Authoring in Context
>
> NB: MKIV ONLY!
>
> The basic outline is
>

> I. Ontology and Theory
> II. Typographical Engineering in Context [including special topics, advanced
> techniques of luatex, opentype etc]
> III. A Typographical Engineer's Reference [organization of options and
> commands, glossary]
> IV. Appendix: Authoring in Notepad++ [or some other tool]
> V. Indices
>

> So no knowledge or familiarity with TeX is assumed at all. We will cover
> some advanced topics as well, including introductions to luatex scripting
> etc

As a computer engineer, one of the most import point of luatex-ConTeXMKIV
is the possibility offered by Lua of an easy binding with external
C/C++ shared library.
This adds another dimension to literate programming, and in some
circumstances eliminates
the separation between documentation and code.
For example, you can write an article in mkiv about Computational
Commutative Algebra
and the article *is* the program because is processed by the binding
of luatex to a comp.comm.alg library
Or you can write a text about electrical net and, if you  have a
binding to a spice library, the text is also the program
that resolve the net and show the result (in a graphical manner also,
thank to mplib).
I'm pretty sure that there are others examples in mechanical sectors,
financial sectors, combinatorial area and so on,
maybe logic too.
CPU power and disk storage are not a problem:
8cores-8GigaByte-1Tera computer has already reach the mass-market
and context mkiv and luatex are well designed.

--
luigi