On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 2:15 PM, John Haltiwanger
<john.haltiwan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.sca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM, John Haltiwanger
>> <john.haltiwan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Would that make it feasible to somehow chain Parrot's Lua
>> > to LuaTeX?
>> parrot ~ luajit
>> cfr. http://luajit.org/
>> Maybe some day luatex will be jitluatex
>> but I don't see here a priority --- luajit is x86 specific for example.
>>
>> My point of view is not so new COM  .NET , "plug-in" all share the
>> same concept of dynamic loading
>> --- but the don't know the concept of typographical programming.
>>

> Parrot also knows dynamic loading, so that probably makes much more sense
> than some ad-hoc tethering of the two interpreters. If I understand the
> design of Parrot properly, then as soon as one language has defined an
> interface to LuaTeX, that interface will be usable in other languages on the
> VM.
Sorry I  misunderstood your words.
Given that already exists an implementation of  Lua 5.1 ,
I believe that it should be feasible to implement LuaTeX
for Parrot --- using
http://github.com/fperrad/lua
as example, it seems to be more update.

I was convinced that parrot had a JIT, but now I see
http://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/JITRewrite
so it's not true that parrot ~ luajit

--
luigi