On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:52:38 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Am 26.03.2011 um 22:04 schrieb Thomas Schmitz:

I may be misunderstanding things, but I can't get my font features to work with the latest beta, possibly because of this change, or I'm doing something wrong.

font-ini.mkiv (enable \inheritfromfontclass):

- \newconditional\inheritfromfontclass % used in \definefont and \definedfont + \newconditional\inheritfromfontclass \settrue\inheritfromfontclass % used in \definefont and \definedfont

font-ctx.lua (check “classfeatures” before “fontfeatures”):

function definers.stage_two(global,cs,str,size,classfeatures,fontfeatures,classfallbacks,fontfallbacks,
       mathsize,textsize,relativeid,classgoodies,goodies)
   if detail and detail ~= "" then
specification.method, specification.detail = method or "*", detail elseif specification.detail and specification.detail ~= "" then
       -- already set
-   elseif fontfeatures and fontfeatures ~= "" then
- specification.method, specification.detail = "*", fontfeatures
-   elseif classfeatures and classfeatures ~= "" then
- specification.method, specification.detail = "*", classfeatures
+   elseif classfeatures and classfeatures ~= "" then
+ specification.method, specification.detail = "*", classfeatures
+   elseif fontfeatures and fontfeatures ~= "" then
+ specification.method, specification.detail = "*", fontfeatures
   end
   statistics.stoptiming(fonts)
end

Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

thanks a lot. This works with the minimal example I have created but breaks with a real file. I need to go deeper and construct another example. In the meantime, here's the error:

system > logs > lua: compiling /home/tas/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/fonts/data/names.tma into /home/tas/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/fonts/data/names.tmc
fonts           > names > accessing the data table failed
fonts > otf loading > loading: /home/tas/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/gust/poltawski/antpolt-regular.otf (hash: antpolt-regular-oxoniensis)
fonts           > otf loading > font loaded okay
fonts           > otf loading > file size: 131876

mtx-context | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution interrupted%

The document doesn't use the poltawski font, so I'm very puzzled about the error message.

Thomas