Hello all,

For several hours trying to find solutions of problem.

My minimal example (I mention it at the end of email) for clear reasons show, that :

7 is not number.
7 is number.
7is not number.
7is not number.

In the first is argument '\value' negotiable to the value, in second it is not possible (but for clear reasons too).

I would need to find from argument ie macro '\\value' in the LUA function its numerical value.
Is there any function that would do that?

I need something as a function of context (...), which would, however, its output is not located into ConTeXt, but its result get to back to a Lua function or into variable. It is something like the expansion of an existing ConTeXt macro to its value.

Thanx Jaroslav

Here is my minimal example:

\startluacode
function test(arg)