Am 17.07.2011 um 14:01 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

> Hello all,
>
> For several hours trying to find solutions of problem.
>
> My minimal example (I mention it at the end of email)  for clear reasons
> show, that :
>
> 7 is not number.
> 7 is number.
> 7is not number.
> 7is not number.
>
> In the first is argument '\value' negotiable to the value, in second it is
> not possible (but for clear reasons too).
>
> I would need to find from  argument ie macro '\\value'  in the LUA function
> its numerical value.
> Is there any function that would do that?
>
> I need something as a function of context (...), which would, however, its
> output is not located into ConTeXt, but its result get to back to a Lua
> function or into variable.
> It is something like the expansion of an existing ConTeXt macro to its value.

\startluacode
function test(arg) -- use thirddata namespace for real functions
        if type(tonumber(arg)) == "number" then
                if tonumber(arg) > 0 then
                        context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a positive
number",arg)
                else
                        context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a negative
number",arg)
                end
        else
                context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a string.",arg)
        end
end
\stopluacode

\starttext