Thanx Wolfgang.
But I guess I was wrong to express..

I need to pass parameter '\\macroI' to the function and turn it up a inside luafunction expand to its value.

Ie when \def\macroI{6}

Then I need when I make in your example \ctxlua{test("\\macroI")} get the result : "The argument “6” is a positive number" and not result "The argument “6” is a string."

see: I modify your example :

\startluacode
function test(arg) -- use thirddata namespace for real functions
    if type(tonumber(arg)) == "number" then
        if tonumber(arg) > 0 then
context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a positive number",arg)
        else
context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a negative number",arg)
        end
    else
        context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a string.",arg)
    end
end
\stopluacode

\starttext

\ctxlua{test("7")}

\ctxlua{test("-4")}

\ctxlua{test("text")}

\def\macroI{6}

\ctxlua{test("\macroI")}

\ctxlua{test("\\macroI")}

\stoptext

Dne 17.7.2011 14:19, Wolfgang Schuster napsal(a):
Am 17.07.2011 um 14:01 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

>  Hello all,
> > For several hours trying to find solutions of problem. > > My minimal example (I mention it at the end of email) for clear reasons show, that : > > 7 is not number.
>  7 is number.
>  7is not number.
>  7is not number.
> > In the first is argument '\value' negotiable to the value, in second it is not possible (but for clear reasons too). > > I would need to find from argument ie macro '\\value' in the LUA function its numerical value.
>  Is there any function that would do that?
> > I need something as a function of context (...), which would, however, its output is not located into ConTeXt, but its result get to back to a Lua function or into variable.
>  It is something like the expansion of an existing ConTeXt macro to its value.
\startluacode
function test(arg) -- use thirddata namespace for real functions
        if type(tonumber(arg)) == "number" then
                if tonumber(arg)>  0 then
                        context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a positive
number",arg)
                else
                        context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a negative
number",arg)
                end
        else
                context("The argument \\quotation{%s} is a string.",arg)
        end
end
\stopluacode

\starttext