(was: Latest betas break tikz matrix)

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:16, Philipp A. wrote:
> Thank you both!
>
> We should get the TikZ devs to accept patches already. does anyone know
> anyone who has CVS access?

See
    doc/generic/pgf/ChangeLog

Christian Feuersaenger ludewich, users.sourceforge.net
Christophe Jorssen cjorssen, users.sourceforge.net
Jannis Pohlmann jannis, xfce.org
Matthias Schulz ma.schulz, email.de

(Dear Christian: I'm still waiting for a fix for something that I sent
a while ago. This original thread "Latest betas break tikz matrix" is
at http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/thread.html.)

We definitely need some ConTeXt specific bug tracking with automatic
email reminders for pgf developers to fix those bugs ;) ;) ;)

In principle we could also create a git project, create a context
branch, apply the fixes to it and use that one in ConTeXt minimals,
hoping that PGF developers will pick them up. Now a question:

- It is trivial to convert CVS project into GIT project (git cvs import ...)
- It is trivial to rearrange the structure into TDS with a script (I
simply use a few rsync commands)
- I don't know how to combine both.

Does anyone have some nice idea how to take the existing CVS project
with complete history and make a TDS-compliang git project out of it
(keeping all the history, authors, ... etc.)

I also have commit rights for TeX Live, but I don't dare applying
patches without having them applied upstream. If nothing else, that
just postpones the problem to the time after PGF will release a new
version and that one won't work.

Mojca