On 20 Mar 2013, at 19:46 ,  "Keith J. Schultz" <keithjschu...@web.de> wrote

and on 20 Mar 2013, at 19:21 ,  Mica Semrick <paperdig...@gmail.com> wrote

> I would agree with the (no subject) or SPAM titles, but if your search tool
> can't tell the difference between "\column, Bug in - " - "\column, Bug in
> \column" and "Bug in \column" then you probably need to find a new search
> tool. I subscribe  to the list in non-digest format, e.g. I get every
> email. I used to get it in digest, but I found that made my searching
> tougher. I use gmail and have all the list messages skip my inbox and go
> directly to a tag. This has helped a ton!
>
> -Mica
>
> Am 20.03.2013 um 16:12 schrieb Robert Blackstone
> <blackstone.rob...@gmail.com>:
>
>> …. wouldn't it be a good idea to ask everybody to clearly state the subject
>> of their message, preferably starting with the most important keyword, and
>> in particular to avoid (no subject) or [***SPAM***], and similar things as
>> subjects. ...
>>   ..

Hi Mica and Keith,

Thanks for your reaction. It is informative to hear your opninon.
I did not want to start a discussion -- it was rather a "cri de coeur" born out
of frustration -- so I will leave it at this.

Best regards,

Robert