Hello everyone,

After a long time I have some typesetting work in front of me...yippeee!

I am struggling with adapting my templates to the new integrated
simplefonts module, and hope that someone can help.

The three issues I am having are:

1.  How does one find the proper expanded long name of the desired font.
    For this project, I am using some fonts from The League of Moveable
    Type (https://www.theleagueofmoveabletype.com/).

    I have reloaded the fonts, and can list them, in the traditional
    manner.  What I don't know is how to find the proper name for---say
    Junction Light---to use as the third argument in
    '\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Junction Light]'

    The use of 'Junction Light' doesn't work, and neither does
    'Junction-Light', nor 'junctionlight', nor even 'Junction, Light'
    which I retrieve from Font Viewer under Linux.  MWE follows at the
    end of this email.  I reference Wolfgang's response stating that the
    expanded name must be used
    (http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2014/077321.html).

    $ mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=junction

    resolvers       | trees | analyzing 'home:texmf'
    resolvers       | caching | skipping 'files' for 'home:texmf' from

'/opt/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/trees/54be04d87dd160089f572b19cb5c97e9'
 (version mismatch)
    junction          junctionbold
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/junction-master/Junction-bold.otf
    junctionbold      junctionbold
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/junction-master/Junction-bold.otf
    junctionlight     junctionlight
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/junction-master/Junction-light.otf
    junctionregular   junctionregular
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/junction-master/Junction-regular.otf
2.  How does one switch fonts in-line for small snippets of text?  I
    used to use '{\simplefont[heydingsicons] q}123.345.67890', but this
    now results in an error.

    tex error       > error on line 7 in file virtual://buffer.noname.1: !
Undefined control sequence

    l.7                 {\simplefont [heydingsicons] q}~123.456.7890
{\simplefont[heydingsicons..
3.  This may be a more generic typescript mapping issue, but I still
    struggle with understanding font mappings.  I don't quite get how
    the default mappings are done.

    Look, for example, at Junction above.  'junction' is mapped to
    'junctionbold' rather than 'junctionregular'.  Is this just done by
    taking the first in the list in alphabetic order?

    Or how the League Gothic font is processed below.  How is it that
    leaguegothic is mapped to leaguegothiccondenseditalic by default?
    What is the recommended way in this new simplefont scheme to set the
    mappings for a document?

    $ mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=leaguegothic

    resolvers       | trees | analyzing 'home:texmf'
    resolvers       | caching | skipping 'files' for 'home:texmf' from

'/opt/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/trees/54be04d87dd160089f572b19cb5c97e9'
 (version mismatch)
    leaguegothic                   leaguegothiccondenseditalic
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/theleagueof-league-gothic-64c3ede/LeagueGothic-CondensedItalic.otf
    leaguegothiccondenseditalic    leaguegothiccondenseditalic
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/theleagueof-league-gothic-64c3ede/LeagueGothic-CondensedItalic.otf
    leaguegothiccondensedregular   leaguegothiccondensedregular
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/theleagueof-league-gothic-64c3ede/LeagueGothic-CondensedRegular.otf
    leaguegothicitalic             leaguegothicitalic
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/theleagueof-league-gothic-64c3ede/LeagueGothic-Italic.otf
    leaguegothicregular            leaguegothicregular
/home/pavneet/.fonts/opentype/TheLeagueOfMoveableType/theleagueof-league-gothic-64c3ede/LeagueGothic-Regular.otf

Many thanks.

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Prociono]
\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Junction Light]
%\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][junctionlight]
%\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Junction-Light]
%\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Junction, Light]
\definefontfamily[mainface][mm][TeX Gyre Pagella Math]
\setupbodyfont[mainface,9pt]

\setupwhitespace[medium]

\starttext
    \input lorem

    \ss\input lorem

%    {\simplefont[heydingsicons] q}~123.456.7890
\stoptext

<<<<

--
----