I’ve run into a hiccup. In the previous MWE that worked with Woflgang and Hans’
patch, the notes were footnotes. However, if make them into linenotes, we run
into a strange problem: the first note is typeset correctly, but all the
remaining linenotes in that stream are typeset on the bottom left corner of the
page. See attached files.

Best wishes,
Talal