On 1/18/2016 5:22 PM, Kate F wrote:
On 18 January 2016 at 13:30, Thomas A. Schmitz
<thomas.schm...@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
On 01/17/2016 07:24 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

it should work in the in beta now

Hi Hans,

now I have a problem :-) What should take precedence if an entity is both
defined in the dtd and as a \xmltexentity? The way I see it, the latter:
e.g., in the DTD, I might declare something for use in a browser but require
a different solution when typesetting with ConTeXt. The latest and greatest
now takes my DTD definitions instead of the \xmltexentities, which did not
happen before. Is that an unwanted side effect or the new default?

Ah, there's a bug:

     <!ENTITY i.opt "<option>-i</option>">

This should produce an <option> node in the DOM tree, just as if you'd
typed that out where the entity is used. Currently ConTeXt takes that
as literal text, as if you'd typed "&lt;option&gt;-i&lt;option/&gt;"

Often I wish XML weren't so complex...

are you sure? i've never seen that