On 01/17/2016 07:24 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
it should work in the in beta now

Hi Hans,

now I have a problem :-) What should take precedence if an entity is
both defined in the dtd and as a \xmltexentity? The way I see it, the
latter: e.g., in the DTD, I might declare something for use in a browser
but require a different solution when typesetting with ConTeXt. The
latest and greatest now takes my DTD definitions instead of the
\xmltexentities, which did not happen before. Is that an unwanted side
effect or the new default?

i already feared that ...

% \disabledirectives[lxml.entities.escaped]
% \disabledirectives[lxml.entities.prefertex]

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\xmltexentity{oeps}{\textdegree}

\startbuffer[test]
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE blah SYSTEM "blah.dtd" [
     <!ENTITY oeps "indeed">
     <!ENTITY more "&#160;">
]>
<text>
    Random text with an entity: &oeps; test &amp; test

    Random text with an entity: &more; test
</text>
\stopbuffer

\startxmlsetups xml:testsetups
    \xmlsetsetup{#1}{text}{xml:*}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:testsetups}

\startxmlsetups xml:text
    \xmlflush{#1}\par
\stopxmlsetups

\starttext
    \xmlprocessbuffer{main}{test}{}
\stoptext

i still wonder what happens in tuc files (roundtrip mess)

beta coming