Le 2 mai 2016 à 18:47, Philipp Gesang <p...@phi-gamma.net> a écrit :

> ···<Datum: Sunday, 01. May 2016>···<Von: Ulrike Fischer>···

>>>    mode=base
>>
>> If context attach mode=base to math, how does it it?
>
> A one would do in Luaotfload: specify base mode when defining the
> font. It’s unrelated to math, just the default set of features
> that Luaotfload has been applying to every definition for ages.
> The reasoning -- by Khaled and others -- was, that the Opentype
> standard mandates some defaults so Luaotfload should follow suit.
>
> The defaults can be overridden by setting the appropriate values
> in luaotfload.conf(5).
>
>>                                                     How can you
>> switch a feature like mode=node to mode=base for every font in math?
>
> Define two fonts: one for use in math mode, another for where you
> really, really require node mode.
>
> Philipp

Ulrike, thanks a lot for keeping asking questions on this and Philipp
for answering.

I have figured experimentally that I could use (at least in some cases,
and after math fonts are initialized which in LaTeX seems to mean
one needs to enter math mode at least once before)

\font\fixmath=\fontname\textfont\foo mode=base;
\textfont\foo=\fixmath

for example creating this \fontname:

[Vollkorn-Regular]:mode=node;script=latn;language=DFLT;+tlig;+lnum;mode=base;

which is then experimentally observed to obey the second mode specifier
and thus does display lining figures in math mode.

Jean-François