> Here is a example which shows how you can change the background color
> of a empty page before the chapter title.
>
> \setuppagenumbering
>   [alternative=doublesided]
>
> \startsetups [chapter:before]
>   \doifoddpageelse
>     {}
>     {\pushbackground[page]
>      \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=black]
>      \page[empty,right]
>      \popbackground}
> \stopsetups
>
> \setuphead
>   [chapter]
>   [page=yes,
>    before=\directsetup{chapter:before}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startchapter[title={Knuth}]
> \dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{knuth}}
> \stopchapter
>
> \startchapter[title={Zapf}]
> \dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{zapf}}
> \stopchapter
>
> \startchapter[title={Ward}]
> \dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{ward}}
> \stopchapter
>
> \stoptext

Thanks a lot Wolfgang!

This was just the thing I was looking for. These setups seems to be the
golden bullet in ConTeXt but I often have difficulties to understand the
mechanism.

I'll try to wikify this later this week.

The push-pop-background pair is mentionend in x-setups-overview together
with some other push-pop-pairs or push single commands. Are they
documented somewhere?

juh