Any of you able to help me get my quotation dashes into line when
automatically inserted by the semantic commands?  I'm sure a number of you
look at this style and cringe, but A. I'm not looking for grammatical input,
and B. I'm intending this for a non-English language where the quotation dash
(though still not most common) isn't as out of place.

See attachment for actual examples, but I'm looking for a dash at each side of
the quotation, /except/ at the very end of a paragraph.  I additionally want
dialogue tags (via \aside, and located within quotations) to not print their
surrounding decoration if they're directly next to the larger dash of the
quotation.  Unfortunately, the only way I can think of doing the first is by
checking if the next token's \par, and that gets thrown off by the internal
logic of \quotation; I'm not at all sure how to start going about the asides.

It would also be nice if a quote ending in a period carried the 'broad'
spacing to the other side of the (ending) quote dash -- the dash before 'Also'
in the examples would be packed on the left and broad on the right.  I know
this might be a lot trickier to code, and only consider it a bonus.

An additional issue with \removeunwantedspaces only seems to affect the
command forms.  When inserted directly, the spacing acts as desired in the PDF
(as expected, the XML doesn't understand the order).  Also, the right |>|
doesn't require either of the explicit spacing instructions (beyond being
non-breaking) while the others do.

The quotation dash itself only /looks/ as I want it; when I highlight and copy
the text or export it to the XML backend, it's still two dashes next to each
other.  Instead, I'd like it to be the Unicode bar U+2015.  I'm not sure if
TEX/LUATEX allows that difference between appearance and interaction (I do
know PDF does), so if there's some way of adding a new glyph to the font --
one that mimics the other dashes even if the font changes -- I'd love to
actually use the proper codepoint.  As is, that doesn't work in the standard
font(s).

Thanks for the help!  I know it's quite a bit of an ask.

Sam