On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 9:05 AM, Michael B. Smith <mich...@smithcons.com> wrote:
> I don't believe you read the article properly.

Entirely possible,

> This update (the Microsoft update – mbs) has compatibility issues with the
> following Kaspersky Lab solutions:
>
> Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows version 10.3.0.6294 (SP2)

Right, a later version than the one I am running ...

So it's *only* this particular version of KES v10 that has a problem;
earlier versions of that product (like mine), and the other Kaspersky
products, do *not* have a problem. And will install the readiness flag
properly ...
That's the bit I got backwards ....

That's a big relief to me, I was having nightmares about having to
upgrade all my AV first, then roll out OS patches, then try and figure
some way to push firmware/BIOS updates (if they are even available,
for some of my older models) ....