From: Benjamin Winzenz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12 September 2001 14:51
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OT? perspective of events

I don't know how I feel about stuff like that yet.  I think some of it may
be warranted (we already know that any phone conversation basically can be
recorded based on a myriad of words that are said).  I think that the same
type of thing monitoring e-mail would not be noticed by most.  I think
though, that if we were all told the extent of "spying" that the FBI already
does, legally or illegally, we probably would be shocked.  I almost think
that things like that are better off kept silent.  "what the people don't
know won't hurt them" type of attitude.  It's gonna get really interesting
for a while here.  As someone else said, we are in for a bit of a bumpy
ride.

As a side note, although I was not directly affected by the horrible acts
that took place yesterday (no relatives), we will all be affected by this
dastardly deed for a long time to come.  My heart goes out to those who have
experienced a loss.  Even today, I still am in shock at what happened.  At
the same time, let us pray that our leaders make informed and wise decisions
in the aftermath of what has happened.

Ben Winzenz, MCSE
Network/Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems, Inc.