I'm also in the same boat; work for a few different orgs as a subcontractor
if you will. They have the clients and farm out the work to those of us with
the necessary skill sets. We do everything from desktop to WAN. I used to
work in the enterprise space but prefer SMB; you get more accomplished. :-)
I think the contractor exchange idea might work; I've seen a few of them but
they never seem to go anywhere. Not sure why; it sounds like a decent
idea... My guess is that the model is more of a "we'll find the clients and
send you the work" thing instead of your model...

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ