We did a little early scouting for the Southern Nassau CBC at West End this
morning. Upon arrival we noticed a pair of Common Ravens being harassed by
Common Crows in the parkway median opposite the WE2 concession. The crows
quickly chased the Ravens out of sight to the west. We observed two Razorbills
off the tip of the West End jetty. Only five Bonaparte's Gulls were observed -
not a good sign. A male and female Harlequin Duck were working their way along
the Pt. Lookout jetty, while nine Snow Geese and four Common Eider were on the
sandbar on the north side of Jones Inlet and south of Meadow Island. Other
birds of some interest were six American Oystercatchers, a single Great Egret,
and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Otherwise, land birds were pretty scarce.

Ken Feustel