I have a question.
Could this be just a juvenile male Purple Martin who is in the process of
turning into an adult?
Last year, I suspected that Purple Martin was nesting in Brooklyn, somewhere
close to Prospect park.
On April 28, two of them were seen at the peninsula (south part of the park)
and two days later, one seen at the Rose Garden (north part of the park). Five
days later, I saw one just above the trees of the Vale (near the Rose Garden).
It was very low, I couldn't believe it. Unfortunately, it disappeared before I
got a photo and never seen it again. It is very unusual for this species to
last that long in Prospect park.
At that point, I suspected that they could have a nest somewhere close to the
northern section of the park. It might be outside the park.
This bird could be one of the fledging's from that nest who is returning home.
It is just a theory of mine and I could be wrong like many times before. LOL
Gus

 ---- On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 08:27:32 -0400 Doug Gochfeld <fresha2...@gmail.com>
wrote ----