Hi there -

Unfortunately, none of the Yahoo Social APIs support HTTPS. Try again using
HTTP. Did you see HTTPS referenced anywhere in the docs? The Yahoo Contacts
API is documented here:

http://developer.yahoo.com/social/rest_api_guide/contact_api.html

With regards to accessing Yahoo OAuth APIs entirely in Javascript - I have
heard of people trying to do this, but I've never actually witnessed anyone
successfully doing it. We are very aware that Yahoo Social APIs are not
really accessible to developers who only want to write Javascript. Yahoo,
along with other Service Providers, have mostly been looking at Oauth-WRAP
to support a Javascript Profile.

We have several SDKs available to access Yahoo Contacts:
http://developer.yahoo.com/social/sdk/

Ping me directly if you have any more questions,

Thanks
Allen