Hello Tom,

Hmm, I'm not too sure why you need this behavior, but I think you
should definitely ask the DBCP guys over at the commons-user mailing list.

I checked OJB.properties and I am using ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.class .
I kill the connections with the mysql administrator tool, simulating timed
out connections. I discovered that the validation query is not called on non
transactional requests. Is there a special reason for that? Is it maybe wise
to check always when a new broker is called by
PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker()?

Actually the code where the problem occured needed a transaction so i am
happy that i discovered it this way ;-)

Cheers,
Dennis