I'm in Canada. I know it's one of the reason, but I search a lot in Google
Books, IArchives & All, and it's really not clear why digitalised copies of
a book still available in one place or in an other.

In DPLA, for a book outside US, the limits of the public domain is 1873!?

150 years! I don't know why and how they choose this date, but it's far,
far away from 2014-2015...

Luc Gauvreau (Montréal)