I know this was discussed in the past so I wanted to get in touch with the
source directly.  I emailed Quaker State today, who must be owned by Shell
because that is who the email went to, but I explained to them that I was
using there product.  I have used the Quaker State full synthetic 10W30 in
both of my 455's for about 2 years now.  Right away I noticed a difference
in valvetrain noise being much quiter.  I was really impressed with it and
have continued to use it.  After reading all the discussion about the zinc
levels being reduced I wanted to find out if I was going to have any
problems with using this product.  Attached are the emails we have exchanged
over the day and I was just wondering what you guys think of their reply,
whether it has any validity or not.  Also, what is everybody else running in
their engines.  Thanks for the help and I want to wish everybody a Merry
Christmas.

Marty McLeod

69 Cutlass S Convertible 455
69 Vista Cruiser

Dear Mr. McLeod; If the vehicle is going to see a great deal of driving or
if it is going to be used for racing or other applications where the engine
is going to experience high RPMs, an oil with a higher zinc and phosphorous
content might be necessary. If the vehicle is used for leisurely weekend
drives or cars shows then the additive package in the synthetic oil will be
more than adequate to protect the engine.
Product Techncial Service