Marty,

Outside of what Mark said, there basically isn't. The article that raised
the warning in Hot Rod Magazine is the best source, but it only covers
Quaker State synthetic racing oil, Pennzoil Racing Oil, and Shell Rotella.
You can go to the individual oil company website and look up the oil and
read the spec sheet, but sometimes the zinc and phosphorous content isn't
listed. For Kendall oils, the zinc was listed. For Pennzoil Racing Oil, is
wasn't listed. You just have to search and read.

Directly from the Hot Rod article, June 2006, When Good Cams Go Bad:

SH API oil rating 1996
zinc = 0.130%, 1130ppm (parts per million)
phosphorous = 0.120%, 1120ppm

SJ API oil rating 2001
SL API oil rating 2004
zinc = 0.110%, 1100ppm
phosphorous = 0.100%, 1000ppm

SM API oil rating 2005
zinc = 0.087%, 870ppm
phosphorous = 0.080%, 800ppm

Cosworth Racing Oil
zinc = 0.125%, 1250ppm
phosphorous = 0.115%, 1150ppm

Shell Rotella T
zinc = 0.140%, 1400ppm
phosphorous = 0.130%, 1300ppm

Pennzoil 25W-50 Racing Oil
zinc = 0.196%, 1960ppm
phosphorous = 0.180%, 1800ppm

Quaker State Q Racing Synthetic
zinc = 0.200%, 2000ppm
phosphorous = 0.180%, 1800ppm

Obviously, the 4 oils above do not have an API rating for newer engines.
Their rating would be SH or SG. Pennzoil Racing is SG. Rotella is SH/SJ.

>From the Kendall website for GT-1, which I've used since 1964 and now can no
longer use for fear of cam and lifter damage:

Kendall GT-1 amber 40W. Older green GT-1 was used in Thunder and still have
5 quarts of the green oil left. New GT-1 color is amber. Green GT-1 has high
zinc and phosphorous content. Amber GT-1 has low content.
zinc = 0.104%, 1040ppm

Kendal GT-1 amber 30W. Older green GT-1 was used in the other Olds engines.
zinc = 0.104%, 1040ppm

Kendal GT-1 amber 20W-50
zinc = 0.113%, 1130ppm

Kendal GT-1 amber 10W-40
zinc = 0.086%, 860ppm

Marty, that's where our engine oil for our older engines has gone,
to-Hell-in-a-handbasket. You'll have to search out the rest of the info for
other brands on your own.

Milton Schick
1964 442 Cutlass
[EMAIL PROTECTED]