On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

\\AFS is required to obtain tokens.  No \\AFS, no tokens.

Is this bug believed to affect _all_ Windows 7 systems ?. I just got my first Win7 system to test, and my first user support issue, which is exactly this known bug. However, my test system doesn't have a problem. Switching IPs by whatever means takes a couple of minutes for the AFS servers to 'catch up' and then works just fine.

Richard

* There is a bug in Windows that will prevent
  access to \\AFS after an IP address has
  been removed or assigned after boot.  When
  the bug is triggered, all attempts to connect
  to \\AFS will result in a "Bad Network Name"
  error.  Please reproduce this issue locally
  and submit bug reports to Microsoft. .............. below

--
Richard Brittain,  Research Computing Group,
                   Kiewit Computing Services, 6224 Baker/Berry Library