>Adrian: Just a quick thought before I head off to Brisbane on work
>commitments.  When designing the UI, lets try and keep in mind blind
>users.  I have just discovered and reread a slashdot interview with a
>representative of blind computer users and one of the comments he made
>was that graphical development environments were much more difficult to
>use than text based ones (obviously).  If we could find a way to make
>FreeCard easier to use for blind people this could be a useful
>competitive advantage for FreeCard.  (Not to mention being a good deed
>for the day).

Adrian,

  How would we do that? If you can come up with some cross-platform
system that makes it possible to support blind pople, that's no
problem, but since FreeCard is based on visual elements (buttons,
windows, color graphics) I'm not sure how we'd add support for blind
people.

  I'd say we just hope we don't add in anything that makes it more
impossible than it already is to add support for disabled people, but
we should keep that for version 5.0 or so. It's asking too much to
get a working HyperCard clone out there and then also take into
account specialties like blind people.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer

              http://www.weblayout.com/witness
        'The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...'

--- HELP SAVE HYPERCARD: ---
Details at: http://www.hyperactivesw.com/SaveHC.html
Sign: http://www.giguere.uqam.ca/petition/hcpetition.html