Hello,

I don't wanted to initiate heavy changes, for my experience: "Don't
change a running system".

I just asked for a simple way to use my preferred version for specific
packages.

As I understand OE, it should be possible to use the main repository
with some view personal changes to get the image I need.
If I have to change distro and machine configurations and hold them in
my overlay, I can't use improvements of the main repository w/o heavy
changes in my own overlay.

For my opinion, a DISTRO only should be a recommendation for a set of
working peaces and not a "you have to use it" dictation.
There may be individual requirements a DISTRO never will be able to
cover.

Regards
Wolfgang Hauser