Hi,

As an application developer I highly appreciate this built-in CSS support.

We had to roll our own version for focus-visible and focus-within when implementing our custom controls and L&F but we would leverage this built-in support to remove complexity from our codebase.

Beside Microsofts new L&F many Web-UI-Toolkits use this focus-visible-feature (and emulate it while not all browsers support it).

How we use focus-visible:
I think focus-visible has a fairly narrow scope so we use it to show
input focus differently depending on the way an element got focused
(mainly mouse-activation vs rest)

How we use focus-within:
We use focus-within to visiually indicate the area the focus is currently in by changing by lifting or coloring that area.

Tom