On 10/5/07, Denny Schierz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> for accounts, which not exist unix users, have to be in the
> virtual_mailbox_domains and not in virtual_alias_domains, which is the
> case on openmailadmin.
>
> so, why was choosen virtual_alias_domains and not virtual_mailbox_domains?
>
> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html

If I am not mistaken, in OMA you have one mailbox (e.g. jdoe) per
virtual alias (e.g. [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]), which
avoids the need to use virtual mailboxes. This is because of some
trouble or "weird implementation" of the virtual mailboxes in Cyrus
IMAP. You could still create a mailbox in Cyrus associated with a
virtual alias in the form of [EMAIL PROTECTED], but it would not be a
virtual mailbox, just a mailbox that looks like a virtual mailbox
because of the name. It's to do with virtual_mailboxes directive of
Cyrus IMAP.

Mark will be able to tell you more about it as, to be honest, this is
a concept that, after talking to Mark privately, never completely
understood. Say Mark decided to do it this way also because of the
type of business needs he had, in which he did not actually need
virtual mailboxes.

Let's wait for Mark to add a bit more here :)

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"