> I could probably do this, but supporting the 4232 is time I can bill to
> my company, while driver refactoring is not (yet).

Why should the community take on cleanup and refactoring work
to support your company's patch?

You may have a tiny problem explaining the community why they
should accept patches that aren't maintainable, so your company is
probably better off spending the time on some cleanup and refactoring
when they want to have something fixed that is off the beaten path.

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00