On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com> wrote:
> Spencer Oliver <s...@spen-soft.co.uk> wrote:
>> The default behaviour was changed to make it compatible with all cortex-m3
>> cores - will have to check but some stm32 and nxp parts had issues using
>> SYSTEMRESET.

I believe STM32 does what it is supposed to, I've never had issues
with it. Code comments mentions some Stellaris parts only. Regardless,
I feel that having a working SYSRESETREQ should be norm, and broken
silicon worked around in the respective config file.

>> I think it would be good for openocd to have knowledge of what core can
>> handle certain reset modes.
>
> We have already gone down this path with success on Cortex A8 where
> there is a hack for an iMX51 part for the debug offset.
>
> This target specific code could either be in OpenOCD or perhaps
> better in the config files?

In this case, one line of tcl overrides the default setting, so it's
perfectly suited for the config files.

/Andreas