Hi!

I've thought about that whole patch which adds "cortex-m3 reset_config" command and I think it's not very good now (if I correctly understand its behavior).

Let's say, that there is a chip which has some problems with SYSRESETREQ, so the target config file forces VECTRESET (which is not a perfect solution, as it does not reset peripherals). Now - according to OpenOCD (brilliant) policy of target config files - there is no reset_config command in this file. As 99% of chips and boards on this planet do have resets wired up properly, user can specify reset_config on his/her own, but what for? The "cortex-m3 reset_config" command gets priority (that's my understanding...), and if soft-reset method is selected, "real" reset will never be used, no matter that it's the best solution.

And again we are back to overriding mysterious configuration options by an inexperienced user who just wants to do some simple debugging on some simple microcontroller...

4\/3!!