> In this case, the warning is probably bogus (I'll have to check the
> scan-build output but having problems logging in to jenkins). Unfortunately,
> the fix is, too. There's no point in adding an assert to check for the value
> of a variable when that value has no possible bearing on the program (the
> variable is never used after the assert, which, incidentally, was exactly
> what scan-build complained about).

I think the correct fix here is to split the fn.

The assert() I added amounts to a post-condition of the fn I want
to split out. To split out the fn, I need a bigger monitor than I have
now, or a re-factoring tool. assert()'s are designed to be used
for pre and post conditions. OpenOCD certainly does not suffer
from over-usage of asserts.

If we ignore what clang is complaining about, then I think we can agree
that clang found a function that is too big and complex.

Once this fn has been split in two, then copy and paste code can be
avoided more easily for ir/drscan versions of the same command.

clang is new to me, so I'm still learning to interpret it's warnings into
sensible refactorings.

--
Øyvind Harboe - Can Zylin Consulting help on your project?
US toll free 1-866-980-3434