On Tue, Nov 29, 2005, Bill Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >On Mon, Nov 28, 2005, OpenPKG wrote:
> >
> >>     OpenPKG Registry finally launched!
> >> [...]
> >
> >The first questions pop up around the OpenPKG Registry.
> >
> >We will try hard to answer all of them to you. Let me just share a few
> >personal points with you:
>
> What has happened to rsync access?  My nightly mirror run
> succeeded in deleting everything from our mirrors here.

Sorry for the delay. RSYNC access is resurrected. The difference is just
that plain anonymous-RSYNC is not possible because rsync(1) doesn't
support both anonymous and non-anonymous in parallel. If you have
registered with [EMAIL PROTECTED] you can now RSYNC again with:

$ RSYNC_PASSWORD="" rsync -r -v \
  rsync://[EMAIL PROTECTED]@rsync.openpkg.org/openpkg-ftp/[...] [...]

Instead of the old:

$ rsync://rsync.openpkg.org/openpkg-ftp/[...] [...]

Please recognize that no password is required as the applied
restrictions are for tracking and not for security reasons. Same applies
to the FTP server: for security reasons never login with your real
registered password, just use an empty one, please. You are required to
just identify yourself, not to authenticate.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com