Thus spake Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker:

> Note that this puts a requirement on the algorithm functions to follow
> a certain name standard.  The expected frunctions are, for a certain
> {prefix} (AES in the AES case, I assume :-)):
>
>        {prefix}_ecb_encrypt
>        {prefix}_cbc_encrypt
>        {prefix}_ofb64_encrypt
>        {prefix}_cfb64_encrypt

I called the AES versions ofb128 and cfb128 due to the block size.  I
expect this can be handled somehow by #defines.  I could create 64-bit
feedback variants, but I don't think this is what people expect by
default.

All the arguments etc. are like the other cfb/ofb functions.

> I don't think CTR is considered at all in the EVP layer.  In other
> words, you may implement it, but it will only be available as a direct
> algorithm function, not as part of the EVP layer.

I suppose that's fine for now.  It appears that CTR is going to be in
the NIST FIPS for AES modes, so it'd be nice to get it into EVP someday.

> In any case, I can most certainly help you out, as I've already
> fiddled with the first patches you sent.

I was figuring you would :)

Stephen Sprunk          "So long as they don't get violent, I want to
CCIE #3723         let everyone say what they wish, for I myself have
K5SSS        always said exactly what pleased me."  --Albert Einstein