Sorry to be a couple of weeks behind on the discussion.  Too much
going on.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 04:41:10PM -0600, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> > The current state is EAY legacy.  His idea was that one should be able
> > to pick out any of the algorithm directories and create a separate
> > library for them (the old libdes is actually exactly the same as
> > crypto/des/).
>
> First of all, do we still think that's necessary, given the wide
> acceptance of OpenSSL and libcrypto?

I think it's a good idea to make algorithms easy to cut out.  I very
often run into people who want to yank out just the pieces of OpenSSL
they need, particularly people who are working in embedded
environments with memory constraints, or people working at a device
driver level.

John