I doubt it's the user agent ("client") that's at fault.  I sometimes receive
duplicates from openssl-users (and may have from openssl-dev, though with
its lighter traffic it's less apparent), but I haven't always seen
duplicates when other people post complaints about them.  I've never
received duplicates with any other list.

More likely it's either the openssl.org list server or one of the MTAs in
the (rather convoluted) path en route to my MTA that's duplicating messages.

I'd prowl through the Received headers of some of the duplicates to check,
but I'm using Outlook 2001 (idiotic company standard, unfortunately) and
it's too much effort.

Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer, Micro Focus
Department of English, Miami University