Hi Paul,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Paul Michali <p...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Some questions on VPNaaS…
>
> Can we get the review reopened of the service type framework changes for VPN
> on the server side?
> I was thinking of trying to rebase that patch, based on the latest from
> master, but before doing so, I ran TOX on the latest master commit. TOX fails
> with a bunch of errors, some reporting that the system is out of memory. I
> have a 4GB Ubuntu 12.04 VM for this and I see it max out on memory, when TOX
> is run on the whole Neutron code for py27. Anyone seen this?

I see this too. On 4GB Ubuntu 13.04 VM, I have over 1GB swap while
running the whole test
and the test slows down after swap begins....

> I have tried the current patch of service type framework, and found that
> client changes are needed too. I have changes ready for review, should I post
> them, or do we need to wait (or indicate some dependency on the server side
> changes)?

My suggestion is to post a patch with WIP status.
We can test the server side patch with CLI. It really helps us all.

> I see that there is VPN connection status and VPN service status. What is the
> purpose of the latter? What is the status, if the service has multiple
> connections in different states?

I see the same.

> Have you guys tried VPNaaS with Havana and the now default ML2 plugin? I got
> a failure on connection create, saying that it could not find
> get_l3_agents_hosting_routers() attribute. I haven't looked into this yet,
> but will try as soon as I can.

I think https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1238846 is same as
what you encountered.
I believe this bug was fixed in the final RC. Doesn't it work?

Thanks,
Akihiro